Madras University Recruitment: The University of Madras or Madras University is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India, incorporated by an Act of Legislative Council of India under the British government.
Madras University Recruitment:
Job Role: Assistant Professor
Qualification: Master’s Degree/ M.Phil/ PhD
Last Date: 5 January 2022
- The candidates must have completed a Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 OR
- The candidates must have The Ph.D degree obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
NOTE: The Ph.D Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in Universities with effect from 01.07.2021.
Total Vacancies :
- There are 61 posts for a total of 24 subjects.
- The salary for the post of temporary Assistant Professor is Rs 30,000/- per month
Selection Process for Madras University Recruitment 2022:
- The selection for the post of temporary Assistant Professor will be based on their academic credentials and UGC norms. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.
- List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be uploaded in the University Website. Separate communication for the candidates will not be sent.
- The Academic score as specified in Appendix (Table 3A) for Universities and Appendix (Table 3B) for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
NOTE: The appointment is purely temporary for one semester (120 days) or until the appointment of permanent faculty whichever is earlier.
How to apply for Madras University Recruitment 2022:
All Interested and eligible candidates can download their application form from the website given below, fill it and submit to the address given below along with other essential documents needed on or before 5th January 2022.
NOTE: University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of application during transit
For more details and Application form: Click here [adcode]
- Address for submitting Application Form: The Registrar, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai 600 005.
For More Govt. Jobs: Click Here